Thursday, March 17, 2011

Couch to 5K: 1.2

Week One, Day Two

Date: March 17, 2011
Weight: I'll tell you tomorrow.
Weather: clear, brisk morning.
Program: Alternate walking 90-seconds with jogging 60-seconds for 20 minutes, with five minute warm-up and cool down walk.

I think this is supposed to get easier, but I kind of feel like today was harder. Maybe it was because I decided to try a morning wog, maybe it was because my stupid earbuds were being stupid, regardless I completed day two and feel like I am one-step closer to being a full on runner.

Today I took on the persona of cute girl with high pony tail AND baseball cap. Doesn't get much better than that, right? About two years ago my Mom got me a gift certificate to Lululemon for Christmas. She knows my affinity for expensive, high quality work out clothes - yet never dares try to guess what I would like. Although, I am sure that she would be spot on, since we are basically the same person. Moving on, the great thing about work out clothes is that they are comfortable, and Lulu makes them cute. Cute gym clothes mean you go more often, right? Right?! It just makes it more fun. Armed with my gift card, I was on the prowl for the greatest (sale) top and/or booty shorts for hot yoga store credit could buy. It was then that I came across this super cute, light weight jacket intended for running. It wicked rain, had thumb holes and a hood! Of course I had to buy it.

For the past two years, I have referred to it as my "running" jacket, "y'know, because I don't run." HAHA, guess what! Now I do! And I wore my adorable jacket running! (This paragraph needs lots of exclamation points!)

This isn't to say one can't run in any old jacket, but I will say it was fab-u-lous.

Apparently runners like to talk about bodily functions, I don't, so I'll keep those to myself. The wog really woke me up - since I literally rolled out of my warm, cozy bed and painted on my spandex pants upon getting up. And once Britney Spears' "Stronger" came over my headphone (singular, because the other one won't stay in) it was like my legs started moving a little bit faster and I was inspired to kick Workout 1.2's butt. Completed!

Day two: slayed. Day three to come this weekend, with a review of my freshly broken in Nike LunarLites!

No comments:

Post a Comment