Monday, March 28, 2011

Couch to 5K: 2.2

Week Two, Day Two

Date: March282, 2011
Weight:
Weather: overcast, light rain.
Program: Alternate jogging 90-seconds and walking two minutes for 20 minutes, with five minute warm-up and cool down walk.

This wog was originally scheduled for last Thursday morning, unfortunately my roommate and I decided to drink wine. During this time I checked the aero bed for leaks while said roommate laughed at my actions. As it happens, deflating an aero-bed requires more effort than I would like it to. So since I spent my Wednesday doing this, and not packing, I had to forfeit my wog Thursday morning wog. Priorities, no?

Pack for what, you ask? I went for a weekend mini-vacation up to Whistler for some snowboarding, hot tubbing and your typical 20-something party. Here is how I spent my Saturday morning, IF you were curious -->

Yes - I sat in that hot tub, drinking iced coffee and admiring the gorgeous mountain ahead. Ah, the life. Part of my decision to relax hot tub style was inspired by the simple fact that my calves were (and still are) so tight that it makes long spouts of immobility painful. Though Friday on the mountain was a beautiful blue bird day, I rode out about six cat tracks -- for which I paid the toll. Hence, my tight muscles.

I also managed to fall on my bum three plus times, all of which made me wish I was traveling with a donut pillow.

So, today was a mental battle to get out for my wog. By the time I got home it was after six, and the weather was confused - raining then not. The rain stopped, and unsure of how long this would last, since it was sure to start up again, I toyed with postponing. Once again, manfriend comes to the rescue, threatening to pull a silent treatment on me if I skipped. "Stick with your program!!" Sometimes people that go to the gym religiously really bug me.

Regardless, he was right. And out I went. I tried a new route today, going south rather than north. The change in scenery kept me moving, and my route was much flatter this time around, which helped. Not once did I feel the need to fake an asthma attack, catch a bus or hail a cab. Once I got to the halfway point, I was feeling loose and motivated - proud that I was able to come off a three-day vacation strong.

Thursday I leave for another trip, this time to Austin for work, and am planning on packing my LunarGlides...just trying to figure out how early I actually have to get up in order to beat the Texas heat. Grrrr....at least my calves feel like they've loosened up.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing!
    I'm also looking to start C25K. Your blog cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Basia! I am a little behind but getting back on track tonight. It feels great to accomplish something and the C25k is easy to follow. :) Good luck, I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete